At Plansight we are looking for Software Engineer to help build the next generation of insurance cloud products. Working with our data scientists, engineers, and product managers, you will design, develop and deploy UI Web applications for various machine learning and AI products on the Plansight app. These applications will help insurance brokers and carriers understand, manage, and optimize their work.
The position is for a highly collaborative environment that has the flexibility of a startup but also benefits from the structure and resources of one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Slopes.
The team is seeking a great front-end Engineer with an eye for detail and high standards for code quality. We also expect a strong track record in building scalable and complex web applications. Additionally, because there are many team members spread across multiple locations, excellent interpersonal skills are imperative.
What you’ll do
- Help craft and implement new UI applications for various machine learning and AI products
- Use computer science principles to help design, implement, test, release, and optimize multiple client facing and internal applications.
- Work directly with data scientists, engineering, and product leads to implement scalable and reusable UI applications
- Working closely with product managers to design new UI product features
What we are looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields
- Expertise in modern web development; capable of building new production-quality applications from the ground up.
- A passion for modern web/UI development and complex problem solving.
- Shown ability to visualize data using libraries like d3.js.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple engineers.
- Experience with crafting and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Passionate about delivering high-quality, fully tested code.
- Confirmed ability in React with GitHub links and/or webpage URLs.
- Expertise with Git, Docker, Jenkins and related technologies.
- Ability to add to full-stack (both back end and front end) applications.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or data-mining techniques is a plus.